We are monitoring the ongoing situation with COVID-19, including the rise in cases in some parts of the country due to the delta variant. SPJ has already planned thoughtfully for a safe conference experience and will continue to assess the need to adapt to the changing circumstances. As a reminder, conference registrants must attest that they have received the full COVID-19 vaccine or receive a negative COVID-19 test within five days of arriving to the conference. Registered attendees will be notified of all virus mitigation requirements prior to arrival which could include mask mandates and social distancing. The city of New Orleans and the Hyatt Regency New Orleans have been great partners to SPJ in ensuring that attendees have a safe and positive experience.
– Requiring attendees to wear masks
– Social distancing
– Providing hand sanitizer stations throughout the meeting space
– Minimizing social events
– Frequent cleaning of high-traffic areas
– Reducing our attendee and exhibitor capacity
– Daily screening questions
– Daily temperature checks.
Refer back to this FAQ page for updates to the safety measures as recommendations will continue to be updated.
– In-person attendees must follow all guidelines in place by the CDC, the New Orleans Health Department, and the Louisiana Department of Health, and the hotel.
– Virtual attendees will have access to a virtual platform where they can connect with other attendees via chat, watch livestreamed sessions, interact in real-time with speakers, and have access to any recorded content after the event.
Our exhibit hall floor plan has been updated per current social distancing guidelines and will also be limited. The final floor plan is still in approval but will be shared when finalized.
What will I need to sign prior to attending the conference?
Based on current guidance, SPJ staff has prepared a liability waiver that all attendees will be required to sign. In addition, all attendees will receive information regarding social distancing policies prior to the event (including mandatory daily screening questions and temperature checks), and signage will be posted throughout the event space reminding attendees of these policies. Floor stickers will indicate social distancing, and security will be hired to enforce social distancing policies and the mask requirement.
Additionally, SPJ will work with the hotel and our other vendors to ensure that they and their staff are also following these procedures.