Specializes in: Profiles, Business, Government, Medicine, Health/Wellness, Outdoor, Education, Environment, Science, Religion/Spirituality, Ethnic Issues
• 33 years experience - full-time professional journalist, editor, media project leader, and news manager.
• University adjunct professor journalism, writing, and literature.
• More than 6,000 published by-lined stories, features, investigative series, science, environment, government, health, education, etc., and on-deadline reporting and writing.
• More than 300 published book reviews.
• Published widely in national and regional publications, including: Science and Mechanics, Offshore, Yachting, The New
York Times, The Boston Globe, Tempo Magazine, Maine Times, and many others.
• Book editing: Contributed to "Curses! Broiled Again: The Hottest Urban Legends Going," by Jan Harold Brunvand, W.W. Norton, 1989, selection of the Book-of-the-Month Club, special selection, Macmillan Book Clubs.
• Edited "Lady in the Shadow: Biography of a Mafia Wife," by Joanne Jacquart, Acclaimed Books, Dallas.
• Edited, corrected galleys, contributed research: "A Gentle Madness: Bibliophiles, Bibliomanes, and the Eternal Passion for
Books," by Nicholas A. Basbanes, Henry Holt Inc., 1995.
• Completed 15 years graduate and post graduate higher education: UMKC English, journalism; DLI Graduate Diploma, Mandarin; WSC BS Natural Science (magna cum laude); WSU Grad Cert. Education; WSU MA English (academic achievement medal, highest honors)
Last updated: 10/18/2016 ()