Specializes in: Education, Government, Healthcare, Health/Wellness, Medicine, Religion/Spirituality, Science, Opinion
Award-winning journalist, recognized for expertise in education policy, healthcare, medical research and state government. Social media leader with an interest in multi-platform storytelling. Experienced editor: fast, efficient, organized and calm. Experience includes The Associated Press and The Seattle Times.
Specific areas of expertise include:
• Ability to juggle the editing of multiple stories in various formats.
• Recognized team leader and mentor. Experienced at coaching team members both in person and virtually across the United States. Trained staff across Pacific Northwest in new publishing software.
• Experienced recruiter and editor of freelance work.
• Creative headline writer, digital storyteller, and editor of web-ready copy.
• Volunteer non-profit leader and reluctant yet capable public speaker.
• Award-winning photographer; some training and experience in audio and video editing.
• Never-ending source of story ideas, from breaking news to enterprise and investigative.
• Trained in data mining and interpretation; experienced at seeking and obtaining public records.
• Early adopter of new technology and social media platforms.
• 2007 1st prize investigative reporting, Education Writers Association, member of AP team for teacher sex abuse series
• 1999, 2000 Rockower Awards for Jewish journalism, 1st and 3rd place, for news reporting
• 1995 and 1994 Kovod Award for newsletters
• 1983 SPJ Mark of Excellence Contest, Region Five — 3rd place, non-fiction magazine writing
Last updated: 10/18/2016 ()