The international community is an extension of the Society of Professional Journalists that brings together a community that believes in the protection of journalism globally. We are working to improve and protect international journalism by encouraging the free practice of journalism in all countries.
We aim to provide the resources necessary for journalists that report abroad to do safely and efficiently. More importantly, it is a community where journalists can receive support from colleagues.
For international associations, organizations and groups looking to collaborate or contact the community, please reach out to email@example.com and the chair(s) of the community will respond in a timely manner.
Each country has different requirements and procedures when it comes to obtaining and using press credentials. Some require no accreditation at all, while others try to make sure reporters are accompanied by information ministry officials nearly all the time. If you don't know where to start, these general guidelines might come in handy.
World Fixers new site makes it easier than ever to find local support anywhere in the world, communicate via a messenger app and share jobs, ideas or questions over country-specific walls. Still the worlds largest free database of fixers, journalists, and producers globally!
Some of journalisms greatest contributions to society are built on the documents and information leaked to news organizations from employees of governments and private organizations. Many reputable news organizations offer secure pathways for people wanting to leak information, and SPJ is building a list to help facilitate the effort.
International Journalism News and Articles
See archive for more articles
– SPJ, coalition of 44 other groups, call for full investigation into Saudi Arabian journalist’s whereabouts
– Next week, Society of Professional Journalists to #PressForEthics - public needs ethical journalism now more than ever
– Journalists to #PressforEthics during SPJ Ethics Week 2017
– Isolation and harassment: My life as a female journalist in Pakistan
– Freelance Journalists: Team Up!
– Journalist, Middle East media expert Duffy dies at 46
– Mentors Played a Huge Role in Bringing Me Where I Am Today
– Global Toolbox