The Society of Professional Journalists is the nations most broad-based journalism organization, dedicated to encouraging the free practice of journalism and stimulating high standards of ethical behavior.
More SPJ News:
– ProPublica, The Texas Tribune, The Marshall Project, Military Times, City Bureau, The Maine Monitor honored with SPJ Sunshine Award
– Austin American-Statesman, Chicago Tribune, ProPublica and The Washington Post earn SPJ Ethics in Journalism Awards
– Lessons Learned: Top Tips as Journalism Schools Embark on the Accreditation Journey
– SPJ Sports Event: Thomas Rongen, Soccer Broadcaster
– To Be or Not To Be Accredited: How ACEJMC Accreditation Can Help (or Hurt) Your Journalism Program
– SPJ Sports Event Mina Kimes, ESPN NFL Analys
– Natural & Legal Challenges for International Journalism Graduates in the USA
Help us help the Marion County Record and other journalists in need. The Society's Legal Defense Fund provides journalists with legal or direct financial assistance. SPJ collects and distributes contributions for aiding journalists in defending the rights guaranteed by the First Amendment. Learn more and donate today.
– 9/23/23: Shop SPJ Sale
– 9/26/23: Why headline testing matters & how AI can help
– 9/28/23: SPJ23 Annual Convention
– 9/28/23: SPJ23 Keynote featuring Gio Benitez
– 9/29/23: Covering a U.S. Government Shutdown: Story ideas for national and local reporters
SPJ has partnered with experienced Black and LGBT journalists and educators, including the Trans Journalists Association. Theyll offer concrete advice for your specific situation.
Even if you choose not to follow that advice, youll hang up with an enlightened grasp of the issues currently roiling the news media. And whatever happens on your call, its all off the record.
Reporting whats happening, discussing what matters and exploring whats next.
• Ethics and Diversity in the News
• In depth: SPJs Code of Ethics
– Minimizing harm for families of homicide victims
– False reporting on a child influencers death
– Answering audience questions with “transparency portal”