Become an SPJ Member
– Join online in minutes today as a professional, student, post-graduate, retired, lifetime or household member.
– Join SPJ as a supporter for only $20 a year (does not include benefits or additional membership perks).
– Join by mail using this downloadable form. [PDF]
– Membership expired? Renew in minutes today.
– How SPJ works for you: Professional development, career support, local connections, journalism advocacy, industry insights.
– Discounted members-only rates for attending our SPJ Convention and nominating your work for SPJs Sigma Delta Chi and Mark of Excellence Awards. (Your membership pays for itself!)
– Get access to discounts on everything from insurance to hotel stays to AP Stylebooks and office supplies.
– Member-only website features: Join communities, watch on-demand training videos and webinars, add your information to the Freelancer Directory read our guide for freelancers, and more as part of your SPJ membership.
You spend more than half of your time working as a journalist or j-educator. $78.75 for 1 year.
You are retired and 62 or older. $39.50 for 1 year.
Enjoy a lifetime membership in SPJ. Local chapter dues not included. $1,000.
Please note: Monthly payment option is not available for lifetime memberships.
You share living quarters with an existing SPJ professional member. $39.50 for 1 year.
Through three years after college graduation. $39.50 for 1 year.
Any newly joining Post Grad member, including current SPJ college members that are graduating, can sign up today and receive three years for just $78.75.
Any collegiate student. $39.50 for 1 year.
If you are a freshman or sophomore, you can join today for just $105 and be covered for the life of your college years.
Associate (SPJ Supporter)
You support efforts to protect the First Amendment, freedom of press, media credibility and the publics access to information. Or you are a high school student with an interest in journalism, potentially as a career path. $21 for 1 year.