SPJ Leads Archives
For more recent editions of SPJ Leads, click here.
• Senate casts two historic votes; Misuse of newspaper resources
• Rappler's Maria Ressa believes she's dealing with government censorship
• Thank you for helping us make #GivingNewsDay a success!
• Gobble ‘til you wobble. Happy Thanksgiving!
• Prez Tarquinio does media interviews on journalists reporting about war, CNN and Acosta
• Sharpen your skills with the Journalist's Toolbox; The ethics of student journalists endorsing a political campaign
• Join us in welcoming a new student chapter and new Region 11 Director
• SPJ sends letter to the White House; combating stigmas by building media trust
• Saudis may admit death of missing journalist; a university's struggles with journalism ethics
• Time Magazine gets a new owner, journalists cover hurricanes in interesting ways and the latest on EIJ18
• SPJ Leads: The ethics of anonymity, free Google trainings and EIJ18
• SPJ Leads: August 29, 2018
• SPJ Leads: August 22, 2018
• SPJ Leads: August 8, 2018
• SPJ Leads: August 1, 2018
• SPJ Leads: July 25, 2018
• We can't wait to see you in Baltimore for EIJ18. You'll be there, right?
• SPJ Leads: June 20, 2018
• You want more journalism news? Here. Here’s your news.
• From resignations to job openings – read all about it
• Early bird gets the free press
• Seek truth and report it
• Minimize Harm
• Be accountable and transparent
• Act Independently
• Storm's a-brewin'
• On the record
• Who turned out the lights?
• The fast and the furious
• We heard you like news
• Lemon, it's Wednesday
• Yours until -30-
• Ethical note to self: Don't buy followers
• Come work with us! Scripps Leadership Institute deadline is THIS Friday
• SPJ to benefit from “All the President's Men” live reading in LA; What Facebook's algorithm shift means for you
• Awards deadlines approaching; Ways for news organizations to increase transparency
• Happy New Year from SPJ; Don't miss these important awards deadlines
• SPJ year in review; 15 news coverage terms that sum up 2017; SPJ headquarters closed next week for holidays
• Journalism predictions for 2018; NPR Kroc Fellowship deadline approaching
• Final #GivingNewsDay numbers; Why the media shouldn't normalize the President's tweets
• Bipartisan federal shield law for journalists; Fellow deadline next Friday
• Awards season is here; Celebrate #SPJ4All Tuesday; Region 4 has new director
• Sigma Delta Chi Awards contest opens Monday; The Harvey Weinstein effect in newsrooms
• Millennials are making news subscriptions great again; Apply for the Scripps Howard Foundation fellowship
• When journalists should intervene; Updated New York Times social media guidelines
• SPJ President starts #FreePressFriday; University offers free fake news course
• Best practices for covering a mass shooting; Introducing SPJ's Snapchat Takeover program
• Drone journalism ethics; St. Louis SPJ condemns Mike Faulk's arrest
• Details on the governance structure update; September member of the month
• How to help with Hurricane Irma; Health care reporters confront information blockade
• How to help with Hurricane Harvey; Q&A with board candidates
• Social media editor job available; Pro Chapter of the Year finalists announced
• How to handle racist words, images and violence in coverage; Meet our new program coordinator
• EIJ registration deadline in one week; Growing list of journalists taking NY Times buyouts
• Press Freedom tracker launch; Feedback wanted on proposed bylaws changes
• All things Excellence in Journalism 2017
• Why journalists should prepare for social media scoops; Award winners announced
• Recording police protected by First Amendment; Ethics behind leaks
• Information about bylaws changes; EIJ early bird registration deadline Tuesday
• Reuters Digital News Report 2017; Can you be a journalist with children?
• McClatchy's roving reinvention team; Ethics of Megyn Kelly's interview
• Interviewing a conspiracy theorist, SPJ Program Coordinator job open
• #WithoutNews, Journalism groups ask Congress to discipline Gianforte
• Rough month for the press, Manchester coverage
• Shield law in Vermont, Reporting on grief and victims
• Arrested for asking a question, Americans divided on the news
• @CIA on Twitter, how to make the most of EIJ17
• World Press Freedom Day, congratulations to SDX winners!
• 10 reasons to be #SPJProud
• Your ethics questions answered, Cleveland murder video
• The Trentonian's troubles, SPJ After Deadline
• Libel laws, World Journalists Conference
• Get a gig, learn some stuff
• Talking taxes, Spread the #SPJSunshine
• Let the Sunshine in, Register for SPJ Scripps
• Anonymous Sources: A Necessary Evil, Announcing EIJ scholarships
• Lessons from Flynn's Downfall, In Memory of Steve Buttry
• SDX Awards deadline extended, Society's Code Belongs in Newsrooms Not Courtrooms
• In Memory of Bernard Redmont, SDX Awards submissions due Monday
• Former SPJ President Howard Graves dies at age 90, SDX Awards entries due Feb. 13
• USDA and EPA temporary media blackout, Sean Spicer's journalism lesson
• EIJ17 program submissions due, late Mark of Excellence entries accepted until Tuesday
• Mark of Excellence Deadline Monday, Apply to be a SPJ/Google News Lab trainer
• Twitter Fight Points to Larger Problem, Scripps Dallas applications due Friday
• SPJ Leads: Happy holidays from SPJ, Give Feedback on Fellows Nominees
• December Member of the Month, Scripps Dallas applications
• Gawker bankruptcy plan can't leave journalists without legal protection
• Show off your portfolio for a GoPro
• 1 week left for Fellows of the Society nominations, SPJ HQ jobs
• Fellows of the Society nominations, EIJ17 Call for Programs
• SPJ Governance, SPJ HQ jobs
• EIJ17 Call for Programs, Awards programs starting up
• JournCamp registration open, Nominate for Fellows of the Society
• SPJ Leads for October 19, 2016
• Government Employees Can’t Decide Which Journalists Cover Them
• Help #OpenOurGov by Sunday, JournCamp registration extended
• Register for JournCamp Seattle by Monday
• 40 groups send letter to White House, JournCamp Seattle Oct. 8
• Final EIJ16 Twitter chat, post on White House Censorship
• Resolutions due Thursday, Maynard Diversity Fellows announced
• EIJ hotel and pre-conference registration deadline Monday!
• EIJ hotel, pre-conference registration deadline Aug. 29
• LDF Auction donations deadline extended to August 19
• EIJ16 early bird deadline Aug 4!
• EIJ16 early bird deadline Aug. 4
• Excellence in Journalism 2016 Edition
• #EIJ16 Twitter chat 2 p.m. ET Thursday
• Preparing for the DNC July 12, #EIJ16 Twitter chat July 14
• Google Tools webinar June 30, #EIJ16 Twitter chat July 14
• Pulliam Award entries due, New #EIJ16 Tour Information
• Google Basics Webinar Thursday + #SPJ4All and After Deadline
• Purchase SDX Awards Banquet Tickets by Friday June 10
• Scripps Denver Deadline Friday
• Become a leader for SPJ + SPJ grads
• Get your own .press domain + save the date for #SPJ4All
• SPJ considers reduction in size of board
• Scripps is coming to Denver + SDX Banquet tickets now available
• Happy Ethics Week!
• SPJ in the News + EIJ News Internship Deadline Approaching
• April board meetings + EIJ16 early bird registration
• Order SPJ graduation cords + JournCamp deadline April 11
• Check out our chapters + updates to the Journalist's Toolbox
• JournCamp in New Orleans + Scripps in Baltimore
• Let the sunshine in!
• JournCamp New Orleans + Scripps Leadership Institute Baltimore
• Submit a nomination for an SPJ honor
• SPJ Spring Conferences + New America Award Extension
• Communications Postgraduate Internship + Awards deadlines Friday
• SDX Awards extended + Communications Postgrad Internship
• SDX Awards deadline Friday + SPJ Regional Spring Conferences
• EIJ16 programs deadline + awards + SPJ news
• Call for Reg. 7 Director + Executive Committee Meeting
• The House passes FOIA reform + Black Hole Award
• Scripps deadline Friday + SDX judges needed
• Happy Holidays from SPJ!
• SPJ in the news + SPJ is hiring
• Propose programs for EIJ16 + submit entries for awards
• SPJ is hiring + EIJ16 call for programming
• Remembering Austin Kiplinger + JournCamp, Fellows Deadlines
• Register for JournCamp in Boston + SPJ News
• JournCamp Boston + Studio SPJ
• New Reg. 1 Director + Awards entries
• New Reg. 1 Director + Awards entries
• Free Speech Week
• Region 1 Director vacancy + resolutions
• Reg. 1 Director vacancy + EIJ15 by the numbers
• Scripps Minneapolis Deadline Oct. 5 + EIJ15 recap
• Board Meetings at EIJ15 + Scripps Minneapolis
• Get the EIJ15 app!
• SPJ Leads: Deadline for EIJ15 Disney passes & EPCOT is TODAY!
• Deadline for EIJ15 Disney passes & EPCOT next week
• EIJ15 Disney Park Passes + SPJ Elections
• Brush up on EIJ15 + SPJ in the news
• EIJ15 highlights and SPJ Job Bank
• EIJ15 early bird deadline next week!
• EIJ15 early bird deadline quickly approaches!
• #EIJ15 Twitter Chat + Stuart Fellowship Deadline Extended
• Excellence in Journalism 2015 Edition
• Scripps Indianapolis Deadline Friday
• Executive Committee Meeting + Scripps Indianapolis
• Pulliam Awards Deadline Monday + JournCamp Recap
• SDX Awards Banquet deadline Friday + Ted Scripps Leadership Institute is Coming to Region 5
• New Stuart Diversity Management Fellowship + D.G. Lewis 1st Amendment deadline Friday
• New SPJ communications and FOI interns + joint Ethics Webinar with RTDNA
• SPJ Leads: Participate in #SPJ4All today + Robert D.G. Lewis First Amendment Award deadline extended
• MOE National Winners Announced + Scripps apps open for Bellevue, Wash.
• EIJ15 scholarship apps due + SDX Foundation awards 2015 grants
• Happy SPJ Ethics Week!
• #SPJEthicsWeek Twitter chats, graduation cords + LDF Auction donations
• Nominations for SPJ Member Honors due Friday + Interim SPJ Region 12 Director position open
• Quill's Ethics issue available + SPJ, SDX Foundation Board meetings coming up
• EIJ15 open for registration + new SPJ career center unveiled
• With Spring comes SPJ conferences, board meeting
• Happy National Freedom of Information Sunshine Week!
• Last week before SPJ Public Honors, EIJ News Internships deadlines + Sunshine Week
• In honor of Dori J. Maynard
• Updates to Freelance Guide, Journalist's Toolbox
• Find a job, submit your work for awards + so much more
• Help lead SPJ + Jan/Feb Quill Magazine
• SDX Award submissions due Friday!
• Applications open for EIJ News + SPJ HQ internships
• Last chance to enter MOE + EIJ15 scholarships open + SPJ is hiring!
• Journalism orgs unite for press freedom + upcoming executive committee meeting
• Last call for EIJ15 program proposals + coding webinars
• Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
• Gearing up for the Holidays
• Member-only webinar available + FOIA Bill passes in the Senate
• Call for Programs + Scripps Atlanta + Community elections
• #youngjournojobs Twitter chat + FOIA bill hits home stretch
• Free digital webinar + Scripps Columbus recap
• Gen J is becoming a community + awards call for entries
• SPJ sent letters to law enforcement
• Chapter event, Code of Ethics mailing & much more
• In memory of journalism great Ben Bradlee
• SPJ speaks out + Volunteer of the Month announced
• JournCamp is headed to Miami!
• Revised Code of Ethics available + digital community web page
• #youngjournojobs Twitter Chat + new On Demand webinar
• International community, helping young journos + more EIJ14
• EIJ14 was a success! New ethics code, president, LDF fund & more
• SPJ HQ is leaving for Music City!
• Last day to register for EIJ14 to save $100 + SPJ and SDX news
• SPJ White House news + Studio SPJ + EIJ14 hotel deadline Friday
• Award winners announced + EIJ14 Studio SPJ
• LDF Auction deadline approaching + interim positions filled
• EIJ14 early bird registration + new on demand videos
• Ethics code revision update + SPJ in the news + SPJ is hiring
• The Journalism Conference of the Year is Almost Here!
• EIJ14 Twitter Chat, Chapter Webinar + Freelance Community Launch
• EIJ14 Twitter Chat, SDX Banquet + Ethics Code Revision Update
• EIJ Pre-Conference Workshops + Studio SPJ Podcast
• EIJ Early Bird Registration + SPJ Executive Committee Meeting
• SDX Banquet tickets + EIJ News + new communications coordinator
• Check out EIJ programming + last call for Annual Reports
• Come be a student board member + join us for SDX banquet
• Fellowship opportunities + last call for SD JournCamp
• SPJ job opening and Diversity Leadership Program
• San Diego JournCamp + Ethics update
• Pulliam awards open + submit annual reports
• SDX award winners announced + SPJ board meeting approaches
• Training events galore + scholarships to EIJ14
• Recognize Ethics Month + Join us in San Diego
• Code of Ethics draft released + elections approaching
• Recognizing Sunshine Week + Scholarships to EIJ14
• Information on SPJ elections + Sunshine Week panel in D.C.
• Sunshine Week + San Diego JournCamp/Scripps Duo
• High school essay contest + Volunteer of the Month nominations
• SDX scholarships + Scripps internships
• Shield law + internship opportunity + interactive training
• Awards deadlines, KC Scripps + watchdog reporting workshop
• Region 7 Scripps + Toolbox updates
• MOE deadline two days away + apply for a chapter grant
• Awards + Nashville JournCamp + Executive Committee meeting
• SPJ Contests + Volunteer of the Month
• Headquarters holiday hours + new Georgia chapter
• EIJ14 Call for programs + Rainbow Sourcebook Proposals
• Name change survey + communications postgrad internship
• Name change chat rescheduled + #thankajourno contest
• Chapter grants + member of the month
• Awards Season, monthly AutoDues + discussing name change
• SPJ awards banquet sponsorship + JournCamp recap
• #Journoween + Volunteer of the Month
• JournCamp deadline, #Journoween and member stories
• Career development, #Journoween and Rainbow Sourcebook
• Member spotlight + Medill AdviceLine partnership
• SPJ in the News + New JournCamp Location
• Fun SPJ Programs + Chapter Improvement
• Chapter Benefits + Potential Name Change
• Ethics Code Revision + Leadership Training
• We're on a post-EIJ high
• We're headed to California!
• Elections + LDF Auction
• EIJ Discounts + Award Winners
• EIJ discounts + training (and lots of it)
• EIJ early bird deadline + election season
• EIJ happenings + 1909 Society
• Fewer than 45 days until the conference of the year!
• Get FREE Disney Parks passes + Donate to LDF
• Weekend in D.C., #EIJ13 deadlines + SPJ successes
• Last call for Pulliam scholarships + executive committee meeting
• JournCamp D.C., #EIJ13 and summer reading
• Rewards, summer camp and newsie movies
• #EIJ13 exhibitors + new HQ staffers
• Education opportunities + SPJ President's take on shield law
• SPJ stance on AP subpoena and JournCamp in D.C.
• Rewards for your messy desk and (what else?) awards!
• National student journalism awards & JournCamp in D.C.
• The best journalism of 2012 & standing up for students
• Find a job with SPJ.
• See the journalism fun at EIJ13. Plus, we're hiring.
• Free chapter money? Don't mind if I do ...
• Top-notch journalism training, leadership and programming
• Information on SPJ elections
• Happy Sunshine Week!
• Scholarship deadlines and a free webinar
• It's almost March! See what's going on in the SPJ world.
• Registration is open for EIJ13!
• A salute to freelance journalists
• Job application tips and Desk Love
• Take note of deadlines and Spring Conference dates
• Mark of Excellence Awards entries due Thursday!
• Paid internships with SPJ
• Announcing Newsroom Memberships
• Start the new year with Studio SPJ
• Happy holiday and new-year wishes from SPJ
• Benefits access for SPJ members
• Updates to the Journalist's Toolbox and an Instagram contest!
• It's a great day to support journalism
• Happy Thanksgiving! We have some pre-holiday notes for you.
• Enter our national awards contests
• Reflecting on election coverage
• NAHJ joins Excellence in Journalism
• What journalists need to know about fair use
• Inside look at Google and traveling training
• An abundance of tools and training
• Enjoy training in Chicago at JournCamp!
• New SPJ leadership and EIJ12 recap
• Journalism training, tomorrow and next week
• Enhance the SPJ community
• Announcing new and updated resources
• Register for EIJ12 by the 28th for a reduced rate
• Protecting the First Amendment and announcing award winners
• Countdown to the conference of the year!
• Resources for protecting the First Amendment
• Contests and grants for all
• Chapter grants and get to know your SPJ board candidates
• Announcing an award winner and volunteer of the month
• Award announcement and a happy 4th of July from SPJ!
• Defending Reno journalist, help select national honorees
• Awards deadlines, SPJ joins Pinterest
• EIJ12 on the radio, FOI and Ethics resources
• Chapter leadership, technology and SPJ
• Elections and EIJ12 news
• Important Oklahoma info, jobs webinar
• Photos on Facebook, student opportunities
• Campus controversy, annual report deadline
• Essay contest winners, annual report deadline
• National MOE winners, see the Everglades
• Working Press applications due Thursday
• SDX Award winners, EIJ workshops
• EIJ12 announcements, board elections
• MOE Winners, SPJ history
• FOI training, EIJ12 registration open
• EIJ12 programming, Sunshine Week
• EIJ12 scholarships, SPJ radio
• Remembering fallen journalists
• SPJ Leads: Success in the courts, March Membership Month
• A Valentine for Journalism, SPJ mentor match-up
• Awards Entries, Quill is 100
• State of the Society, Scripps, SDX Awards and some Sunshine
• MOE Awards, Reporters Institute
• SPJ Leads: Awards deadlines, Working Press applications
• Feedback sought for EIJ 2012 programming
• Awards deadlines, chapter events
• Journalism news, spring conferences
• Ethics position papers, member discounts
• NorCal triumph; the best meeting minutes ever
• Presidential editorial, new program ideas
• Holiday writing resources, support journalists
• Calling Corps, Pie!
• SDX and MOE awards open for entries
• SPJ speaks out, Gen J hangs out
• Program idea, death of a young journalist
• Amicus brief, High School essay contest
• Spring conferences, EIJ11 media
• Data bank removed, great volunteer honored
• Freelance resources, conference recap
• Journalism news, opportunities for students
• Soledad O'Brien at EIJ11 and Ethics Hotline
• Conference deadlines and return of the chat
• Conference Early Bird Deadline TODAY
• EIJ Early Bird Deadline approaches!
• The Conference of the year draws near
• More Award Winners, Journalism News and Toolbox
• Award Winners, Conference highlights
• Bylaws amendments, New Orleans attractions
• Conference speakers, FOI news
• Conference scholarships and highlights
• Checkbook journalism and open records access
• Pulliams due, Andy Carvin and Will Write for Food
• Summer training, Studio SPJ and awards deadlines
• Free Food Festival, protest in Fla. and LDF auction!
• Deadlines, FOI, helping journalists in need
• What We're Watching, global news coverage and Quill!
• Digital training, CIA leak, conference hashtag and more!
• Dorothy Parvaz is free, scholarships for members
• SDX Awards, Studio SPJ, free webinar and more!
• National conference, bin Laden coverage and summer programs!
• Conference scholarships, ACLU, FOI Summit and a sneak preview!
• Ethics Week, Studio SPJ, annual reports, board meetings recap
• Spring board meetings and internship opps
• Time to update the Code of Ethics?
• Let there be light in Utah
• Register soon for spring conference deadlines
• Sunshine week, Black Hole Award, new resources and more!
• FOI alert, membership drive winners, training and more!
• Extended deadlines, Studio SPJ and outstanding programs
• The biggest edition of the year so far!
• Qatar, Ohio's Sunshine Summit, scholarships and more!
• Egypt, SDX, internships and more!
• Diversity programming, awards, Quill and more!
• Career opportunities, new connections, initiatives and awards
• Awards deadlines approach
• Keeping you connected in new ways
• Twitter chats, student leadership and an important message
• Fellowships, training and the call for programs
• Deadlines and making the best of the worst
• Celebrate the best this season
• Freelancers, Awards, Internships
• Creating new opportunities to grow
• The one that's stuffed with training opportunities
• It's that time of the year: AWARDS!
• Schieffer, awards, deadlines, grants, training!
• Mourning loss of past leadership
• The deadlines you can't miss & the digital world
• More internships, resources for the digital age
• NEW resources & workshop/internship deadlines
• Next year's BIG conference, Fellowships
• Convention deadline today, area-workshops and an ethics book
• Apps, awards and workshops
• Deadlines, mountain men & the sneak-peek you can't miss!
• Convention, fellowships, grants & more!
• The Winning Hand: The convention of the year draws near
• Where to find journalism training
• Scholarships, fellowships and grants
• Annual survey reveals decline in graduate job market
• New FOI resources available for students
• Shield Law on our minds and in the news
• Gulf access and putting the spill in context
• Feedback and donations for legal defense
• Last call and a free review
• Good luck and awards and internships
• The SPJ grants keep coming!
• Last reminder — let us take you to Vegas!
• More industry news and programs you want to know!
• What's new? Our site & 2010 Convention registration now open!
• A mural, a road trip and more SPJ resources
• Open call for nominations, summer interns and more
• National SPJ award winners and finalists announced
• A generous gift helps members attend convention
• The fight for your rights continues
• $2,500 Grants, 5 National Awards, 1 Paid Internship
• Training Opportunities and Much More
• Help us honor exceptional SPJ members
• Ethics Committee denounces “checkbook journalism”
• Let the Sunshine In!
• Chapter grants, FERPA resource and a new partnership
• Spring Conferences, FOI on CNN and training just for you!
• Harper Memorial funds Convention scholarships
• Deadline extension, event leads to a job, students' rights
• Journalism awards, training opps and tools just for you
• SPJ still waives dues for struggling journalists
• MOE Awards are open until midnight, Jan. 29
• Less than a week until the MOE Awards deadline!
• Advocacy efforts, awards deadlines and ‘exiled' bloggers
• Make 2010 your best year yet
• Happy holidays and best wishes for 2010!
• Shield law bill goes to Senate floor
• Win awards or scholarship money!
• Shield law, Helen Thomas speaks and the perfect gift
• Open calls for awards entries happening now, spread the word!
• Shield Law compromise brings us a step closer
• Submit a program, be a fan, local chapter chatter
• Remember shield law, propose convention programs and be a judge!
• No matter where you are SPJ is there
• Post your resume, read Digital Quill and then tweet about it!
• Learn new skills, win fellowships and gain experience
• Shield law still needs you!
• Call your senators today — support the shield bill!
• Grant money & iPods - Things you can win!
• Post-Convention report and an Executive Director update
• Remembering journalists and last-minute details
• SPJ leader meetings, a fellowship and more Convention!
• Still Time, Tweeting the Convention, Speaking of speakers
• Attend the 2009 SPJ Convention Aug. 27-30
• Convention deadlines are arriving quickly! Register today!
• Moving journalism documentary screens at Convention
• Save money! Convention discounts and cash for students
• Grab up our internship and more!
• $10,000 could be yours and other news
• Rewards available for students, reporters and convention-goers
• Support the legacy, in more ways than one
• Raise a glass for Convention, the future and our Terry Harper
• 1 Convention, 2 Auctions & 3 Minutes of YouTube
• Proverbial Convention and a Double First Amendment
• Banking on Jobs, Archival Offerings, Money for Interns
• Conventional Pondering, Projections of Bailey, Symposium Sharks
• Regional Review, Inhaling Helium, Believing in Public Radio
• 100 Years Down, Countless More to Come
• Important Centennial Information ... and other tidbits
• Almost Home, Last Chance to Work the Press
• Come One, Come All to Centennial and Town Hall
• Shakespearean Centennial, Shining on the Shield Law
• Centennial Calling, Twitter Updates, Honors Galore
• Staying Busy; Wells Key; So Long, Rocky
• Sweet Centennial, Leading to Scripps, News from the Execs
• Double Centennial, Signs of Spring, Nomination Indoctrination
• Quite the Week, Counting on You, Unplugging the Newspaper
• Celebrating the Centennial, Get Your Conference On
• Some Awards for You, Contacting Sue, Paid Internships, Too!
• Awarding Heroics, Auctioneering, Executive Reporting
• Celebratory year, Private concerns, Awards galore
• Writing letters, Accidental input, Review the news
• On Vacation, Holiday Blog, Fighting for the Rocky
• Pitching Proposals, Judge This, Get the FACS
• Submit Proposals, Saying Goodbye, Some Holiday Buys
• Intern-al Information, A Question of Ethics
• Shielding the President, Call for Judges, Book Worms
• Awarding Excellence, Axing Holiday Parties, Pundits Go To School
• Update on the Boss, Blogfest, Googling the Endorsements
• The Cat's Away, Shield Law Replay, Feds a-Twitter
• Now Hear This, Spotlighting Brown, No Love for the Copy Editors
• Registering a Victory, Palin Returns, Ethical Principles
• Institutional Reporting, Dodging the Press
• Happy birthday, Constitution
• Hello to Mr. Aeikens, Getting Sirius and an Ethical Festival
• Off to Atlanta, Piping up About Pepsi, Back to Beijing
• Convention deadline, freelance fellowships, our pals at Poynter
• All About Convention: Speakers, Workshops and Awards, oh my!
• Convention 2008, Les is More, Twitter Roundup
• Senate Stall, Top 10 Newspapers and More Olympic Censorship
• Early Registration, New News in the News and Free Seminars
• Open Government Progress, Call for UNITY and Convention Updates
• Open Government Progress, Call for UNITY and Convention Updates
• New SPJ Blogs, Citizen Journalist Call and Journalism Expo
• Fake Political Analysts, Call Out for Senate, Iowa Aid
• Flood Aid, Blogger Crackdown, Olympic Woes
• National Honor Feedback, Drug and War Coverage, Summer Programs
• Blowing the Whistle, J Awards, Tired Young People?
• Rev up for Convention, Pulliam Awards, SPJ's hiring!
• Citizen journalism praised, get ready for convention!
• Counting Subpeonas, 3 New Chapters and a Birthday
• Covert Propaganda, Shield law justification, Kentucky heartbreak
• Training for Citizen Journalists
• Free to freelance, Get interviewed, Learn what’s new
• Celebrate Ethics Week
• Starbucks card! Be like Howard, Work abroad
• Survey Says, Election Coverage, Events Galore!
• Celebrate Responsible Reporting, Supporting Our Own
• Spreading Sunshine, State of the Media, Programs Abound!
• Advocacy For Toni, No Horsin’ Around, Upcoming Programs
• Wiki-winners, reporter protection
• Shine the light; First Amendment lawsuit
• Citizen journalism, cultural exchange, legal support
• Give back, national awards, spring training
• Lost alums, found money and sought-after awards
• Lost alums, found money and sought-after awards
• Sticking Up for Students, Get Recognized, Cool Gigs
• Utah Shield Rule Victory, War Spin, Standing Tall
• J-Victories, Spreading Sunshine, Awards and Happenings
• Cloudy Days, Awards Abound
• FOIA Reform, Tragic Year
• New Year’s Resolutions, Blogging Buzz, Work for Us!
• FOIA in the House, Glad Tidings
• Police Obstruction, Presidential Records, Great Gigs
• Improved member benefits, great gift ideas
• Spreading sunshine, holiday cheer, Asia bound!
• Growing membership, Intern for SPJ, Blogging buzz
• Farm Bill, Prison Break, Chauncey’s Legacy
• FEMA Debacle, Park Place
• Convention Sessions Now Online, Programs, Awards & Honors
• Shield Law Passes, Find a Mentor
• Shield Law update, convention roundup
• Workshops, rants and smooth jazz
• Convention Extravaganza
• Don't miss Woodward and Bernstein
• Young journalists unite; building a better journalist
• Rural journalism, urban issues and Ritalin
• The Convention Cometh, and So Should You!
• Withdrawing National Geographic support, NFL cover-up
• Open victory, amicus brief response
• Federal protection, certifying journalists
• NFL fumble, 9/11 aftermath and tech turmoil
• Convention spectacular! Step right up, Novice newsbreak
• Chapel Thrill, SPJ in motion, Lead already!
• FOIA foul-ups and Independence Day
• We interrupt this special broadcast...
• Capitol Thrill, Advocacy made simple, Boob tube?
• Take action today! Blah, blah blog, Think outside the pyramid.
• Apply more pressure! Shield law update, Great opportunities!
• Secret senator revealed! Are you in the FOIA habit?
• A word from our President
• Journalism Outsourcing? Make a run for SPJ! Tremendous honors
• Clinton's DNA, Media = terrorists? Don't forget mom!
• Join the good fight! Meet the challenge, Stellar programs
• Celebrate responsible reporting!
• Massacre and the Media, Celebrate Ethics, Wartime Programs
• Off the clock? Beautiful faces, Freelancing bonanza!
• Justice for Josh! More Indy silliness! Touchdown!
• Russian safety, Libby trial implications, great opportunities!
• No free press in Indy?? Victory for Ken! Cool training
• Fun with redacting! Giraffes in D.C., Video training
• Internsip deadlines, prior restraint, Ethics stories wanted
• Connecting Gen J, A Call to Action, Awards & Opportunities
• Speaking Chinese, Hot for Teachers, Stop McCaw!
• Sunshine day, Pleading to Pelosi, Remembering Les
• 170 and counting, chart the course, celebrating black history
• Digital revolution, Victory! Teaching ideas wanted
• Grumbling about Grambling, Spring training, Promote yourself
• Oh, Boy! Dangerous freelance liasons, Digital Revolution
• Honors, awards and the fight for access
• Read this before taking that long winter's nap!
• Speaker-elect, Speakers Bureau, The Senate wants to do What?!
• Jailed journos, Leader Tools, Fellowships, awards and jobs
• Korean colleagues, California lawmakers, Ode to a chain gang
• wePod, Dateline disaster? Fundraising tip
• Friends on the Hill? A grand plan. Seattle rocks!
• Round 3? 67 years?! Play and win!
• CNN sanctions? Protecting predators, Virtual reality
• Working for you, wartime ethics, editors' eyeballs?
• Bloodfeast, Punt the Vols!, Mitford's letters
• Blog it, Learn it, Drink it
• OPEN Government, WP blog, Questions to ask
• Shield hearing update, IRS in church? Eat or live free!
• Act now! FOI primer, Work for us!
• Sept. 20! Free money, Nate's time
• That's a wrap! A Ramones parody, Free Paul Salopek
• Caged Wolf, Chicago events, Lords of discipline
• Everyone votes? Very scary plan, Our Heroes
• Lester Holt, Awful limericks, Ethics matter
• FEMA folds, Call for resolutions, Interesting movie
• FEMA foolery, Job openings, Kolchak returns
• Chicago-go-go, SPJ's superhero, Mumbai resources
• Who uses FOIA? Job openings, Source development