SPJ and the Journalism Education Association are looking to match journalists and K-12 teachers in a nationwide effort to bring more journalism education to schools. The project, #Press4Education, provides lesson plans, presentations and other resources to journalists who want to volunteer to share their knowledge. Get the details and get involved here.
– 4/08/20: Teleconference: How to more safely report on the coronavirus and the COVID-19 epidemic
– 4/09/20: How to report solutions journalism from your house
– 5/01/20: Women in Journalism Workshop
– 5/03/20: Application Deadline: Dori Maynard Diversity Leadership Program
– 5/05/20: Online course: Getting started as a freelance journalist
SPJ and the Facebook Journalism Project are committed to creating opportunities for journalists everywhere to learn about the ways Facebook tools can help create and share incredible works of journalism, as well as engaging the public in the stories about their communities.
– Elections Roadshow: Verification, fact checking and ethics with Frank Bi and J. Alex Tarquinio
– Elections Roadshow: Reporting on polling with Kyley McGeeney
– Elections Roadshow: Google tools for data journalism with Frank Bi
– Webinar: Google Trends and Elections